Dry Fruits Laddoo is very traditional and healthy Indian sweet delicacy. This ladoos provide warmth to the body and hence are eaten during winter season.
They are also given to the nursing mothers as it helps to increase lactation .The Laddoos are sweetened using Jaggery and flavoured with Cardamom- Nutmeg powder.
The winter season is the best from the point of view of healthy and nutritious food. In this season you can make your body energetic and healthy.
- Dry Palm dates / kharik / Chuaara powder – 250 gm
- Dry coconut / Khopra – 250 gm
- Almonds – 150 gm
- Walnuts – 150 gm
- Poppy seed / Khus khus powder – 150 gm
- Edible Gum / gaund / Dink – 150 gm
- Ghee – 250 gm
- Jaggery – 200 gm
- Dry ginger / Saunth powder- 2 tsp
- Cardamom- Nutmeg powder – 2 tsp
- Milk- 1/4 cup
- Make coarse powder of dry coconut using a mixer grinder , Grate the Jaggery .
- Take 3-4 tsp ghee in a non stick pan and fry edible Gum/ goand . Now grind it into powder using mixer.
- Chop the Almonds and Walnuts roughly or grind them coarsely. Now using 2-3 tsp ghee roast them in a pan.
- Similarly fry the Coconut powder and dry Palm Date powder in the same pan using generous amount of ghee .
- Mix all the roasted dry fruits Powder ( Walnuts, Almonds and cashew ) , Coconut and Poppy seed powder, powdered Gum, Cardamom- Nutmeg powder and dry Ginger in a vessel.
- Now take the remaining ghee in the pan and add crushed jaggery to it. let the jaggery melt and then add milk to make a smooth paste.
- Add the ingredients from step 5 into this melted Jaggery syrup slowly and blend it well
- Let the mixture cook for 1-2 minutes more on low flame and put off the gas. let the mixture cool down
It will turn a little thick on cooling.
Now take small portion and roll out into ball shape laddoo using your palm .
Repeat the same for rest of the mixture. Roll out all the Laddoos and keep them on a plate and later store them in air tight container.
Enjoy them with a glass of warm milk for breakfast during winters .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love