Cookies and Christmas go hand in hand. Every year we bake dozens of cookies through December.
My best time to try new variety of cookies .
Rich buttery vanilla cookies with chocolate filled centers; these cookies are easy and always delicious. These need a handful of ingredients and come together in under 30 minutes!
You can also try …OATS JAGGERY COOKIES, EGGLESS COCONUT COOKIES , EGGLESS RABRI FLAVOUR FLOWER COOKIES, RED VELVET COOKIES, COCONUT AND CARDAMOM WHOLEWHEAT COOKIES, EGGLESS DRYFRUIT RASMALAI COOKIES, AATA NANKHATAI ( INDIAN EGGLESS COOKIES),MELTING MOMENTS/ EGGLESS CUSTARD COOKIES, CHOCOLATE COOKIES (eggless slice and bake cookies), WHOLE WHEAT HEARTY NICE BISCUITS(Hearty whole wheat flour cookies), EGGLESS FRUIT COOKIES (TUTTI FRUTTI COOKIES )
- All purpose flour 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- Almond meal 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch 2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter 1/2 cup (room temperature)
- Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Semi Sweet Chocolate chips 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil 1/4 tsp
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, corn starch and almond meal.
- Mix well. In a medium size bowl cream the butter and sugar till pale and light.
- Add vanilla and mix it in.
- Transfer the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mix and fold it in using a whisk.
- Make a soft dough with a spatula or with your hands. Do it quickly so that the butter does not melt too much.
- Make equal size balls using a medium size cookie scoop and place it on the cookie sheet leaving 2-3 inches on all sides.
- Flatten it with your palms and make an indentation in the center using a small scoop or measuring spoon.
If using jam, fill it in now.
- If using chocolate, leave it as is.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, not letting the cookies brown too much.
- They will still be soft when out of the oven so let them cool completely.
- To make the filling microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil for 1 minute and stir them well. Transfer to a sandwich bag.
- Pipe in the the centR ard decorate with sprinkles. Let the chocolate set before transferring to an airtight container.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love