Looking for a healthy tea-time snack? Try Gur Makhane recipe, where little morsels of makhana are toasted to perfection and later dipped in sweet jaggery ~ deliciously yummy! Gur Makhane or Jaggery Caramelized Lotus Seeds
Trust me; you are going to love these guilt-free indulgence bites as they are packed with protein and loaded with feel-good ingredients!
shot and styled for chumbak https://www.chumbak.com/ you can check for more products
- 2 cups Phool Makhane (puffed lotus seed or foxnut) (dried)
- ¾ cup Jaggery
- 2 tbsp til( seasme seeds )
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1tbs water
- Roast 2 tbsp til till it crackles.
- Heat ghee in a pan,Add makhane/lotus seeds to the pan.
- Cook them over medium heat until they become light brown in color and brittle, stirring occasionally. This may take 7-8 minutes.
- PRO TIP Make sure foxnuts/ makhane are crispy and brittle before you move on to the next step. If makhane is not brittle they will turn soggy as soon as we add jaggery to it.
- Meanwhile, combine jaggery with 3 tablespoons of water. Boil until it is reduced to half its quantity.
- When the gur syrup becomes thick (almost like 2 string consistency), it will coat the back of your spoon.
- Another way to check the consistency – take a bowl of tap water. Pour a few drops of jaggery in water. If the jaggery solidifies and settles at the bottom of the bowl, the syrup is ready.
- Pour jaggery over foxnuts/ makhane and take it of the flame.
- Switch off the flame and add makhana along with til, mix well. Let it cool a bit and then tear them apart. Store in an air tight container.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love