A light and moist cake with flavors of Thandai perfect for Holi!
Do you love Thandai? Then you’ll love this easy and quick Eggless Thandai cake that’s perfect for Holi or any celebrations!
As kids, we would wait for Holi for too many reasons – the colours, the water, the balloons, the approval of parents to officially create a mess for a day, AND chilled glasses of THANDAI!
This time I am adding my instant thandai mix to to my cakes and everyone loved it .
It’s made using the simplest cake ingredients and It’s a super moist cake that is bursting with flavors of Thandai and is perfect to serve for Holi!
You may also like these other recipes that are great for Holi –THANDAI PHIRNI HEART SHAPED THANDAI FLAVOURED PAAN COCONUT GUJIA KESAR BADAM CUPCAKES WITH COLOURED THANDAI FLAVOUR FROSTING BLUEBERRY THANDAI PHIRNI GULABJAMUNCHEESECAKE
- 1.5 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1+¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Yogurt
- ⅓ cup Oil
- ¾ cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- ¾ cup Thandai Milk
- For Frosting:
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- Pink, yellow , blue Food Colouoring
- 1 tsp thandai powder
- Grease or line cake pan and set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt, oil, sugar and rose water and mix well till everything is well combined and you can’t see the oil separated from the other ingredients.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and slowly add the thandai milk. Mix till you have a smooth batter but don’t overmix.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- For Frosting:
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Add the thandai powder ,mix well.
- add colour in cone and Spread over the cooled cake and garnish with slivered pistachios and rose petals.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love