Recently I tried MAKAHAN PHIRNI, then I thought why not try out something different with Makhana/ lotus seeds ? My quest led me to try out these popsicles made from makahana, something which I would call easy to make fancy vrat dish.
Crunchy and crispy Falahari Paneer Makhana Popsicles topped with shredded cucumbers and chutney makes a fantastic appetizer. These savory snacks are simply delicious, gluten-free and vegetarian!
Makhana is a very unique ingredient used during fasting season of Navratri. The lotus seeds are a good nutrition to the heart and Kidney thus providing a healthy dish.
- 1.25 cup Phool Makhane (puffed lotus seed or foxnut)
- 1 small Boiled potato, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup Shredded Paneer
- 3 tablespoon Arrowroot flour or Any vrat flour
- Salt to taste (Vrat salt – Sendha namak)
- 1 teaspoon Degi Mirch or Red chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
- 2 small green chilies chopped
- Vrat chutney
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- Arrowroot powder.Chopped cilantro and green chilies.
- Start by dry-roasting the raw makhane first.
- Maintain the heat on a medium-low flame and keep stirring occasionally.
- The key is to them nicely toasted and light brown. Therefore, keep a watchful eye and stir occasionally.
- Once done, take it off the flame and allow the makhane to cool comfortably.
- Transfer the cooled makhane to a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture looks fine and powdery.
- Next, combine the powdered makhane with paneer, potatoes, flour, spices, and cilantro.
- Add arrowroot powder.Add powdered makhane.Knead until well blended.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of warm water to knead a soft dough if needed.
- Grease your popsicle mold & Shape this mixture into popsicles , add icecream stic in to it .Now coat with seasme seeds.
- Grease a pan or tawa and shallo fry Paneer makhana popsicles until crispy.
- serve with your vrat chutney .