Very easy to make and ideal to serve at parties, the potato nuggets is sure to please you with its succulent mouth-feel and pleasant cheesy flavour. A mixture of mashed potatoes and cheese, flavoured elegantly with red chilli flakes, is shaped into potato hearts/ nuggets and deep-fried to make this all-time favourite snack.
I served my spicy potato hearts in @nestasia.in Black micro safe plate .
@nestasia.in has an amazing collection to choose from that goes perfectly with indian as well as continental food .If you are looking for classy home decor accents then @nestasia.in is what you should stumble upon.
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ¼ tsp pepper (crushed)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp seasme seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- oil for deep frying
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 potato, 3 tbsp cheese, ½ tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp chilli flakes, ½ tsp mixed herbs, ¼ tsp pepper, ½ tsp chaat masala, ¼ tsp salt and 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
- mix well making sure the spices are combined well.
- now add ¼ cup bread crumbs and combine well. breadcrumbs helps to absorb moisture and prevent from breaking in oil.
- further prepare corn flour batter by mixing ¼ cup corn flour, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ cup water.
- prepare a smooth flowing consistency batter.
- pinch a small ball sized potato dough and make heart shape using cookie cutter .
- dip in corn flour batter covering all sides.
- then roll in bread crumbs & seasme mixture .
- deep fry, shallow fry or pan fry the patties in hot oil. alternatively, preheat and bake at 180 degree celsius for 25 minutes.
- flip and fry all the sides on medium flame till it turns golden and crisp.
- finally, drain over kitchen paper to remove excess oil and serve potato hearts/ nuggets with tomato sauce.
- It is very important for the potatoes to be dry and not have excessive moisture or else the aloo nuggets won’t be crispy. Also, mash them very well or just grate them. It should not have any lump or else the nuggets will break.
- Do not fry at low temperature, otherwise the potato nuggets will break or absorb a lot of oil
- Make sure you refrigerate the potato nuggets mixture for at least half an hour before shaping it. Remove it from the fridge just when you are ready to roll and deep-fry the nuggets, otherwise it will become soft and difficult not only to roll but also to fry the aloo nuggets – the nuggets might break and the cheese might ooze out, causing a pretty mess. If you keep the mixture refrigerated till the time of cooking, it will be too easy!
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love