I love playing with the flavours of paan (betel leaves) and incorporate them into desserts. This time I have it in the form of kheer.This Paan Kheer is a delicious twist on your Paneer kheer, and I think it’s best for fasting days too.
If you love the flavours of meetha paan, you should surely try it out.
So try this Paan flavoured paneer Kheer and let me know how it turns out.
- 2 cups milk full-fat whole. 500 ml
- 100 g condensed milk
- ½ cup paneer /cottage cheese crumbled, 50 gms of chenna or
- 8 – 10 strands saffron
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 to 4 cardamoms green
- 3 tbsps nuts Mixed (cashew nut, almond, walnut) chopped
- 2 paan leaves
- 1 teaspoon gulkand
- Rose petals for decoration
- In mixer Add paan leaves, gulkand and 1/2 cup milk and grind it .
- Take milk in a thick bottomed pan and bring it to a boil on slow heat.
- When the milk starts to a boil, lower the heat to lowest and cook it till it starts to thicken up.
- Add paan mixture in it.
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
- Now to the thick milk add condensed milk and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Add crumbled paneer at this stage and cook it for 4-5 minutes over low heat. Keep stirring to prevent the milk from burning at the bottom.
- Finally, add pounded cardamom and switch off the heat.
- Serve this paneer ki kheer warm or chilled as you prefer. We usually chill it for 30-40 minutes in the fridge and serve it garnished with saffron strands and chopped nuts.
- Serve paneer kheer hot, warm or chilled .we prefer the kheer to be chilled.The kheer can be had plain and they also taste good with pooris.While serving you can garnish the kheer with chopped dry fruits and fruits.
- If you decide to make the paneer ki kheer, always try to use fresh milk and paneer, I can’t stress on these enough. In fact, any dessert if you make with fresh milk comes out much tastier.
RECIPE VIDEO :
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love