This fragrant Sweet Rose Phirni is sure to melt in your mouth. Top it with crushed pistachios and rose petals for added texture.
This Phirni or firni is very easy to make and comes out so rich and creamy even with fewer efforts. As rice thickens the kheer you need to stand long stirring to get the creamy consistency.
The key to a good Phirni is to grind the rice well. Phirni and that too Rose Phirni is an ultimate comfort dessert in a bowl. The main star of this dessert is the Rose flavour which is added to the basic Phirni recipe lending it an aromatic fragrance. You too can try this Phirni Recipe to create magic in your kitchen and enjoy a delectable dessert at home. What’s best, it’s not too difficult to make it.
Rose Phirni recipe a creamy dessert made with rice, milk and rose essence.
3 cups of milk
1 heaped tbsp basmati rice
11/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp rose essence/ rose syrup
2 drops pink food colour
2 tbsp pistachio Nuts
- Wash the basmati rice in water and let in remain soaked in water for a few hours.
- Now grind the basmati rice in blender/ mixture until it becomes a smooth paste with no crumbles.
- While the rice paste sets aside, simultaneously heat the milk on medium flame until it comes to a boil.
- Add 1/2 tsp pink food colour and fresh rose petals to the milk while you are at it.
- Now add the rice paste into the boiling milk and keep stirring it until there are no lumps to be seen for approximately 15-20 minutes on medium flame again.
- Next, add the sugar rose syrup/ essence to the pudding and keep stirring until sugar crystals are dissolved completely.
- Turn off the flame and let the pudding cool for a few minutes, while ensuring it doesn’t set to the edges of the utensil.
- Now serve the Phirni into small serving bowls and let it cool to room temperature. Now refrigerate it so that it sets properly.
- Garnish it with crushed pistachio Nuts and dried rose petals and serve chilled.