Mangoes being in the season, pretty much going in everything and so I made space for sweet mangoes in creamy and nutty paneer Kheer and what can I say about this makeover, Shahi Mango Paneer Kheer turned out marvellous, the creamy kheer turned into an alluring dessert. Mangoes, saffron, nuts and thickened creamy milk works so well with each other and definitely blends and creates a sweet and soothing harmony between flavours!.
Shahi Mango Paneer Kheer became definitely one of my favourite desserts. This dessert of mine is with little variation. During most of the celebrations Paneer Kheer is served and happily devoured by young and old.
- 1 cup paneer – grated
- 3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup single cream
- 3 cup mango pulp
- 1 cup sugar
- 8-10 saffron threads
- 1/4 cup nuts chopped
- 1 cup cut mango pieces
- Pinch cardamom powder
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai combine milk and sugar.
- Bring it to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Now add grated paneer and cook the kheer for another 7-8 minutes or until it gets thicken.
- Add cardamom powder, saffron threads and half amount of nuts.
- Let it cool completely and chill about an hour in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled add mango pulp and mix well.
- Once again chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, take out in a serving bowl and garnish with the mango pieces, nuts slivers and rose petals and chopped mangoes.
I have used Alphonso mango pulp, but you can use any variety .If your whole milk has a higher content of fat, you may leave the cream.Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!Like, share and spread your love