Eggless atta biscuits with jaggery are the simplest of all biscuits recipes made with whole wheat flour and gud.
I used Naario (India’s 1st women-led food brand that offers natural and organic products, all pioneered by homemakers.) Chai masala jaggery in this Cookies .This chai masla flavour jaggery is too good and flavourful .pls check their website for more …https://naario.com/
1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
1/2 cup jaggery/gud
1/4 cup butter unsalted or desi ghee
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Salt a pinch
2 tbsp milk more or less
Pistachio and almonds for decoration
- Add butter and jaggery in a bowl. Grate jaggery before adding or it should be so soft to get mixed immediately. Alternatively can use jaggery powder.I used naario brand chaimasala jaggery powder.
- Whisk them with electric beater till the butter turns creamy. You can use wire whisk too but that is time taking process.
- Put a sieve on bowl and add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Remember, if your butter is salted, then skip extra salt here.
- Sift the ingredients into the bowl.
- Using a spatula mix everything well.
- When everything is incorporated, bring all of them together with your hands and start making a dough without kneading.
- Add milk to make the dough. The quantity of milk depends on the fact whether your dough is forming or not. We needed to just 2 tablespoons of milk.
- The dough should be of soft consistency.
- Make heart shape using cookie cutter of the mixture .
- Place the baking tray in refrigerator (not in freezer) for minutes.
- When you are 10 minutes away from baking, switch on the oven @150°C for 10 minutes for preheating.
- Put the tray in middle rack of oven with both the rods on @150°C for 25 to 30 minutes or till the biscuits are baked properly.
- Once done, bring the cookies out and let them turn completely cool.
- Eggless atta gud biscuits are ready. Enjoy.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love