This is a very healthy and delicious snack prepared with oats, nuts, and dates.
I made these simple and healthy dates and oats laddu for Diwali .just roast, grind and mix all the ingredients and yummy and delicious laddu’s are ready to offer..
It can be prepared with sugar or jaggery and not much of ghee is needed and it is optional. They are non-sticky while you hold on and slightly chewy and taste good. They can be made absolutely fat free or vegan by eliminating the ghee.
So, from this year, one more item is added to my list of festival sweets. Let’s celebrate Diwali with these soft ladoos.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 6-10 minutes
Dates pitted and chopped 10-12
Cocoa powder 2-3 tablespoons
Oats 1 cup
Ghee 2 tablespoons
Walnuts chopped 1/2 cup
Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
Jaggery (Gur) grated 3/4-1 cup
poppy seeds roasted 1tbsp
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add walnuts, mix and sauté till golden. Reduce heat, add oats and sauté for a minute.
- Add dates, cardamom powder, mix and cook till dates soften. Add jaggery, mix and cook till it melts on low heat.
- Transfer the dates-oats mixture in a bowl and mix. Add cocoa powder, mix and cool.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into laddoos, and roll in poppy seeds.
- Serving suggestions-For breakfast, dessert, and good as a travel food too
- You can also use almonds, walnuts or any other nuts of your choice.
- Adjust the quantity of dates according to your taste.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.