Sometimes simplicity is the best. Although My hubby loved roasted veggies with their heavenly char, this garlic broccoli stir fry is one of my hubby’s favorite broccoli dishes. I make this very often.
Broccoli, as we all know, is very healthy food. It is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin E & calcium. So we must add such healthy food to our diet. Now we have a very easy and crunchy Broccoli salad.
Broccoli when sauteed with garlic and a bit of pepper and chilli in olive oil makes the stir fry really tasty. The only thing one should keep in mind while doing this kind of stir-fries is to blanch the vegetables in the right manner so that it will not lose its crunch in the process.
Broccoli – Cut into medium-sized pieces
Salt – as per taste
black pepper 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 3,4 pods finely chopped
Ginger – 1inch finely chopped
Lemon – 1/2 small
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- First, wash and cut Broccoli into medium-sized pieces.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pan. Add 1/4 tsp of salt.
- When water comes to boil, put broccoli pieces into boiling water. Boil it for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Strain Broccoli from water.
- Now heat a frying pan. Pour oil. When the oil is medium hot, add garlic and ginger and Saute the garlic to a light brown colour.
- Now add broccoli pieces and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt & pepper and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Now squeeze 1/2 slice of lemon over it and mix well.
- Healthy and tangy Broccoli is ready.
- Serve hot.
- You can stem broccoli in the microwave too.
- You can add onion in the recipe.
- You can add red chilli powder instead of black pepper in the recipe.
- Nuts like walnuts, pine nuts can be added for extra crunch.