An interesting Mango recipe to beat the heat.
Stuffed mango kulfi recipe is a delicious ice cream recipe inside mango .Kulfi is made with full fat milk and sugar or condensed milk. Kulfi is prepared by reducing milk by boiling. Making this ice cream is very easy with only 4 ingredients. People of all ages enjoy this delicacy. Mangoes can be savored many ways.. and this is one of them. One of the good looking ways to enjoy mangoes.
- mangoes – 2-3
- whole/full fat milk – 4 cups
- condensed milk or sugar – 1/2 cup
- pistachios and cashew pieces/crumbs – 3 tbsp
- Take 1 litre full fat milk in a pot or kadai. Boil it on medium high.
- Once it comes to a boil reduce the heat to low. Keep stirring in between.
- Stir well making sure milk doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Add 1/2 cup condensed milk and 1 or 2 tbsp cashew and pistachios finely chopped pieces. If adding sugar, add it after the milk reduces.
- Boil the milk on low flame for 30 minutes or till milk reduces to 1/3 of the total quantity.
- Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Now we need to remove the seed of the mango while keeping the entire shape of the mango intact.
- Gently squeeze the mango & do not peel the mango. Remove the top of the mango by slicing the head/cap of the mango. Retain this cap. Now using a kitchen knife loosened the pulp around the mango seed.
- Firmly hold the seed and rotate it to loosen it further. Now pull it out. Place the mango with skin on in a small cup so it stands upright. Remove any pulp from the seed and add it back to the empty mango shell.
- Fill this cavity of the mango shell with the kulfi mixture. Put the mango cap back and freeze it. Once frozen, remove and peel the mango and then slice and serve. Garnish with pista and serve it frozen.
Use firm and ripe mangoes.
You may substitute condensed milk with sugar.
If adding sugar, add it after the milk reduces.
You may adjust sugar or condensed milk if needed.
Almonds can also be used along with cashews and pistachios.
You can eat the leftover kulfi, it is basically basundi. It tastes sooo delicious.
You can mix mango pulp with left over kulfi and freeze to make mango kulfi.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love