Til Chikki also called Til Gajak or Tilgul. Til Chikki is favorable during winter because of its health benefits. Til Chikki is most popular during festivals like Makar Sankranti and Uttarayan in Gujarat and Maharashtra. This crunchy brittle, Til Chikki is made of jaggery and sesame seeds. You can have it whenever you crave for something sweet.
- 1 ½ cup Sesame Seeds (Til)
- 1 cup Grated Jaggery
- ¼ cup Broken Cashew
- ¼ cup chopped Pistachios
- ¼ cup Rose Petals (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Water
- Roast the sesame seeds in a kadhai/pan on low flame for 2-3 mins. Remove it from the kadhai onto a plate and keep aside.
- Take a big steel plate or baking sheet, grease it with a few drops and keep aside.
- Now in the same kadhai, add grated jaggery, ghee and water. Stir it on medium flame till staring bobbling, then cook the jaggery for 1-2 mins, keep stirring.
- Add roasted sesame seeds, cashew, pistachios and rose petals, mix it very well.
- Switch off the flame and pour the mixture into the greased plate. Spread it immediately using a bowl when the mixture is still warm, so it will easy to spread.
- Let it cool down for 5 mins, then make a mark/cut it using a knife or pizza cutter and keep aside.
- Once it cools down completely, remove the pieces using the knife and store it into an airtight container.
- If its problem to remove pieces, just hit it for 2-3 seconds on over the gas top and then remove it.
- You can skip any nuts and rose petals.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love