A simple and healthy sabzi made from carrots and fenugreek/methi leaves. This interesting combination of carrots and methi leaves goes very well together. Natural sweetness of carrots gets combined with a mild bitter taste of methi leaves, to give out a perfect blend of tastes and flavours.
Serve this subzi with phulka rotis or steamed rice, buttermilk and vegetable kadhi for lunch or dinner.
- 500 grams carrots peeled and cut into long pieces
- 1 cup methi leaves/fenugreek leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 2-3 slit green chillies
- 2-3 garlic chopped
- pinch of hing/asafoetida (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ teaspoon coriander/dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon jaggery
- salt to taste
- Firstly peel, wash and chop the carrots into long pieces.
- Pick the methi leaves from stem. Combine water and pinch of salt in a bowl and soak the leaves for about 5-10 minutes. Finely chop the leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds, garlic and slit green chillies. Mix well and sauté on a medium flame for about a minute.
- Now add carrots and add salt, saute for 5 minute .
- Now add chopped methi leaves and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and jaggery
- Saute for 5, 10 minute till methi leaves cook .
- Remove from flame and serve hot with phulka rotis or steamed rice, buttermilk and vegetable kadhi for lunch or dinner.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love