Pudina (mint)is my all-time favorite. Mint has many medicinal properties.It is cooling to your body, good for easy digestion good cleanser for the blood and body.
I like it very much and so I try and use it in everyday recipes like salads, chutneys, raitas, juices etc.
It is the perfect sidekick for summers.
To give you relief from the hot weather here is a recipe for Lemon-Mint cooler /Nimbu Pudina Sherbat
I am adding lemon in this.Don’t worry, it will still retain its green color, even the next day, and it also gives some punch and flavor to this drink.
So give a try this healthy cooler /sharbat/juice this summer.
Prep Time -10 minute
Total Time -10 minute
1/2 Cup Mint leaves
1 tbsp sugar/honey
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp black salt (kala namak)
1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 cup Chilled water or use ice cubes
- Remove the mint leaves from stems and wash them very well.
- Place the mint leaves in the mixer jar and add sugar to it. Also add black salt , roasted cumin powder and black pepper.
- Squeeze out one lemon and add its juice too. Add ½ cup water as well and grind finely.
- Strain it through the sieve, remove if there are any leftovers.
- Put ice cubes in a glass. Now add sharbat to the glasses. Fill half the glasses with prepared sharbat. Fill rest of the glasses with water.
- Garnish with some lemon slices and mint leaves.Refreshing and chilled lemon mint sharbat is ready to serve. Apart from soothing and refreshing this sharbat aids digestion as well.
- Have this refreshing Lemon Mint Cooler /Nimbu Pudina Sharbat to beat the scorching heat of summer.
You can adjust the quantity of sugar as per your preference.
You can also use soda water instead of water.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Like my Facebook to stay updated!
Like share and spread your love ❤