Kashmiri Fruity pulao is one of the easiest pulao recipes to make and unlike other pulaos this one is on the sweeter side. reason being the pulao is garnished with both dry fruits and fresh fruits.
The fresh fruits which are usually added in Kashmiri pulao are pineapple, apple, and pomegranate. dry fruits which are added are generally a mix of almonds, raisins, pistachios, walnuts, and cashews. most variations of making this pulao will use a different mix of fruits and dry fruits.
This Fruity rice pulao is also good for kids as it is mildly spiced and have the fruits which kids often love, you can also pack this pilaf in kids lunchboxes.They will surely finish it in the school.
My kids loved it.
CUISINE: Indian, Kashmiri
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME:15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
SERVINGS: 3 to 4
2 cup boiled rice
1 big apple chopped
4 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
1cup pineapple chopped
50 gm raisins
50 gm cashew nuts
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon garam masala (whole)
A pinch of saffron
1 cup of milk
2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
Salt and sugar according to taste
- Wash the rice properly and soak in cold water for an hour.
- Drain the rice water and dry the rice in a broad and flat based utensil.
- Boil the water and add rice and cook it.
- Drain the water and spread the half-cooked rice in a broad and flat utensil for cooling.
- Take a cup of milk and mix the saffron in it and keep aside.
- Cut the apple and pineapple into medium cubes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, fry the raisins & cashew nuts and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add bay leaf & garam masala for sautéing.
- Add pre-fried raisins, nuts, salt, and sugar according to taste and mix properly.
- Add fruit (apple, Pineapple, pomegranate seed) and mix it properly, cook it for 2-3 min on a low flame.
- Add saffron mix rice and mix it properly in a low flame.
- Turn off the gas, but do not open the cover of Pulao.
- After few minute open the cover and stir it properly.
- Enjoy Fruit Pulao with Paneer curry.
- You may add any fruits of your choice.
- You may add peas and corn too.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.