Mango pickle is a traditional Indian condiment made with raw mangoes, spices and oil.In India pickle are relished as a side in every meal. It is eaten with dal-rice , dal-roti, parathas & even with many breakfast dishes. Indian cuisine is diverse so a mango pickle is made in many different ways .I am sharing the easiest recipe to make it at home.
I recently got achar masala from 420 masala https://www.mangaateraho.com/420-Masala-c57552056 here I used here this masala and the amazing quality just enhanced the taste of the Achar .
- 1/2 kg Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam
- 100 gm 420 Pickle masala
- 100gm Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 50 gm Salt
- Wash and wipe mangoes with a cloth. Peel the mangoes and chop into small pieces.
- Mix salt in the chopped mango pieces and keep covered for 5-6 hours.
- Drain the mango pieces on a steel or plastic colander to strain all the water.
- Spread the mango pieces on a cloth for 2 hours, to remove all the extra moisture.
- Take the pieces in a bowl and mix all the spices .
- Heat the oil well and then let it come to room temperature, Mix the oil in the mango and masala mixture.
- Mix well and transfer the pickle in a glass or plastic jar.
- Let it mature for 2 days so mango pieces become slightely soft and absorb the flavours.
- Serve with paratha,thepla , khichdi or rice.
- You can substitute mustard oil with any cooking oil which you normally use for making pickles.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love