Like carrots? You’re going to love this carrot soup recipe. It’s luxuriously creamy and full of incredible carrot flavor.
A healthy creamy soup recipe made with blended carrot mixture as its primary ingredient. You might be pleasantly surprised to learn that this creamy soup is actually made without cream. It’s a light and healthy soup.
This soup is low-calorie, high-flavor comfort food and favorite in my house on a chilly Winter evening.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ onion, sliced
- 4 carrot, roughly chopped
- ¼ potato / aloo, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup water
- few mint / pudina
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- firstly, in a pressure cooker heat 2 tbsp oil and saute in 2 clove garlic and 1 inch ginger.
further saute ½ onion for a minute.
- also saute 4 carrot, ¼ potato and 1 tsp salt.
- now add 2 cup water and few mint leaves.
- cover and pressure cook for 4 whistles or till carrot gets cooked well completely.
- once the pressure relases, open the cooker lid and remove mint leaves.
- cool the mixture completely and transfer the cooked carrot to blender.
- blend to smooth paste without adding any extra water.
- transfer the prepared carrot paste into kadai along with leftover water from cooked carrot.
mix well adjusting the consistency as required.
- boil for 2 minutes or till the soup thickens.
- further add ½ tsp crushed pepper or as required.
- finally, serve carrot soup recipe topped with fresh cream or pepper.
- firstly, carrot can be cooked in open vessel, however it takes more time .
- also adding potato is optional, but it helps to get creamy texture.
- additionally, add cream just before serving for more rich flavour.