Atta halwa is one dessert which I grew up eating as my grand mom made it very often in her kitchen.
It’s a simple dessert made with atta (whole wheat flour), sugar and ghee. You only need these 3 basic ingredients to make atte ka halwa. This quintessential Indian dessert was a favorite growing up!
This atte ka halwa recipe is a Tasty melt in the mouth halwa and taste too good. the recipe is easy to make and can be made for any occasion or any day. It could be celebration, a festival or when you just want to have something sweet.
You can add dry fruits of your choice like almonds, cashews or raisins in the halwa.
I used @california almonds
- 1 cup ghee / clarified butter
- 1 cup wheat flour / atta
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / ealchi powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cup water
- 1/4 cup almonds
- some pistachio
- rose petals
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 cup ghee.
- add in 1 cup wheat flour and mix well without forming any lumps.
- roast on low to medium flame stirring continuously.
- after 14 minutes, the mixture will start to turn golden and aromatic.
- slowly after 20 minutes, the mixture will turn dark golden brown indicating wheat flour has cooked completely. keep aside.
Pour 3 cups of water mix well.
- be careful as the mixture will splutter.
- keep stirring continuously, till the wheat flour will absorb all the water.
- Now add 1 cup of sugar.
- continue to cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously without forming lumps.
- now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- finally, serve atte ka halwa or kada prashad hot or warm.with some almonds and pistachio and rose petals .
- Roast the wheat flour on low to medium flame to prevent from browning.
- Additionally, to get nice texture use coarsely ground wheat flour, however fine atta also works great.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love